Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Floating Love

Yesterday we went to the beach and threw flowers off the Huntington Beach pier in remembrance of my mom. Her ashes were scattered out at sea and so yesterday our little family had a nice lunch overlooking the beach and then strolled out to the end of the pier. We had picked her favorite Camellia flowers from her yard that she always used to float in pretty little dishes. We tossed them into the ocean all at once and at one point they lined up like this.
At the end of the pier is a Ruby's Diner. It's a 50's style diner and they play background type music all the time. The day and moment was just serene warm and quiet and this song so fitting came on. My mom was a great dancer in her day and loved the music of her era. They play a range of 1940's -1950's. It wasn't planned and it just fit what the mood was and celebration of her life was about.
Peace....it's a good thing.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Lovely tribute. I'm certain your mom is and will always smile down on you.

La Roo said...

I'm not so sure Bob. If that's the case....she sees what I really do and who I am that scares me. You might laugh, but it really does make me think ,oh good gawd.

ChiTown Girl said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom. Sounds like you all had a lovely day together.