Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The final outcome of Whirly Bird



I believe it was back in June when I posted about Whirly Bird. I don't believe I shared the bottom pic before. This is where I got the idea to start a series of Whirly Bird. I had painted this cute little bird with a whirly beanie, on a 3"x 3" birch block my hubby made me. It got such a great response and everybody just fell in love, including me. He did sell, and that got me to thinking. I would like to make this little guy go on some adventures and see what I could pull off. This year is really the first time I have branched out doing kind of what I'd like to call "soft surreal" pieces. Not going from actual photos like I have always done. It makes it harder because it's all coming from your head. There are so many decisions to be made to make it believable and to get your point across.
Anyways, the top to pics are the finished product 10" X 20". I have another one on the way, it's in the beginning stages at the moment.
It's funny and weird , doing these paintings of Whirly Bird, I've come to realize a similarity to him and myself.
He's just a regular bird wanting to fly and have fun.

8 comments:

Cala Gray said...

Awee that is so damn cute!

I love the idea of Whirly bird going on adventures! Can't wait to see where else he goes.

Jake lara said...

I love the little pic of whirlybird :) and the pole pic has turned out well too.

Bob said...

Nice, very, very nice.

hello haha narf said...

love, love, LOVE your little whirly bird. well done!

marquisdgore said...

What's the price, shipped to VA?

Caryn F. said...

It's absolutly beautiful! The whole thing came out beautiful, you should be very proud! You are officially my inspiration for actually finishing my current painting! Thank you!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
La Roo said...

Caryn-Thanks, I'm glad I can inspire someone.

Marquis-It's listed at 400 at the gallery.