Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Before and After


First pick is me standing pre tummy tuck. Second pick is me sitting down in my wheelchair pre tummy tuck. Which was my main reason to have it. The sitting I do was becoming unbearable with the rolls. I've worked out 2-3 times a week for a steady 10 years and try to eat healthy. I just couldn't expend enough energy and am restricted in my middle bend because the rod in my back. 
Don't get me wrong I could've lived with the loose skin and fat but just chose not too. I am glad I made the choice to do the tummy tuck. I know I will never be perfect but if there is things I can do to help myself feel better and we're able to do it, I'm all over it.


First pick or 3rd pick is me now 5 weeks after tummy tuck sitting in my wheelchair. With a bit more comfort, pride and confidence. Second pick is me standing with a goofy smile and messy bed trying to take a picture.
I wanted to wear the same pants to show what they looked like before and after. I'm still a little swollen and was told it will take a while before it fully goes down. But not bad, huh?
I went through the whole process way better than I thought and doc is really pleased at how fast I'm healing.  The scar is hip to hip and I'm applying scar cream therapy twice a day to diminish it.

I am so thrilled..... I don't feel I always have to hide that part of my body anymore because of embarrassment. I keep feeling my tummy because it is unbelievably smooth and my mind still thinks there's rolls down there. Weird huh?

Sorry if this is kinda gross. But it is, what it is........It's me.

PS  Life in marraige land is becoming a little less stressful and we are trying to move ahead slowly.
We have had some great sex in the last couple days and just really making effort to address issues and get back on track.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be proud on two fronts, tummy and marriage. Stay tough.

ChiTown Girl said...

Not gross at all. It's pretty brave of you to share.

I think you look great in both sets of pictures. But, I'm glad you're happy with the results of the surgery. That's all that matters.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you two. I hope it continues on that path.

xoxox

JFBreak said...

Looks great! And glad all things on the mend are going well. You two are great people.

La Roo said...

Baby Boomer- Thanks and fun play on words. I am trying to stay tough.

ChiTown Girl- I don't know if I'm brave or stupid to share, but it's out there now. LOL
But thanks you for your support. :)
I hope things are going better for you also.

JFBreak Thanks so much and appreciate not judging and understanding that we are human.