Monday, January 25, 2010

School





Today I start my day class in painting. For the past six years it's been at night and what a great ride that was. I learned so much and met some wonderful people. As I posted before, my teacher/friend isn't teaching at night anymore. Most of the others can't take the day class, and hubby won't be going with me either. But I'm off today to start a new. Same teacher, because I can't live without her, new class. Hopefully all goes well. I'm really looking forward to being back on a tight painting schedule. It keeps me focused and it helps me to finish pieces when I have a deadline.


Pictures above are possible paintings. She wants us to do a portait and not a typical portrait. I'm not sure yet. I'm taking the photos myself and I know what I want but can't quite do it myself. I have a hard time explaining to hubby and it's really not his thing. So, I will fool with it some more tomorrow.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Of the two my choice would be the first photo to use as your study. The top and horizontally would begin by only painting the top black line of your leotards - straight across and leave your fingers that are in that same area and below. Fingers on Tards I'd call it. I'd paint everything below this area. I like the composition of what's left.

I like this subject.

La Roo said...

I think the top one is also going to be my choice but I think I'm going to do a re-do of that same pose. It's really hard to do this yourself and get it spot on. I'm not fully satisfied. I showed that pic at school and got some interesting comments at school. One person asked where I got the picture from.????? Hello.......

Bob said...

Where did you get that picture from? How about a comeback like this - "Out of the camera.." Some people and their fucking stupid remarks. I think some people make these types of remarks just to be heard.

La Roo said...

It was just unbelievable to me because there I sit it the same wheelchair before them and god forbid I'd pose for a picture like that or have the capability. That makes me want to do this type of painting even more. Because that is really my point of this piece.