We finished refurbishing the chairs. (The before pics,shown in a May post)
The murphy bed is coming along and actually is looking like a cabinet.
We have beat it up, by using the dremel, hitting it with a hammer, chiseling it.
We want it to look old. (Mexican country, to be exact)
We have started a painting process in which a friend of ours has taught us.
Right now the whole thing is stained grey, then you put on this leather glue (which makes the paint crack), then next is the red paint, followed by a wash of acrylic burnt umber paint. Then a sealer is applied. This process is a little overwhelming, but I think it'll be so well worth it.
There is a lot of details to be added to the top and bottom to dress it out.
I've gotten strap hinges and antique door pulls from ebay, that are for looks.